Friday, March 25, 2011

1 Xmas item a month - Lunch - and Daffodils


Today is 1 Xmas item a month day  hosted by Nell's Notions.

Straight after last month I ran upstairs and made two little sewing kit things. Someone said the pattern was in a Homespun magazine I think but I didn't have it. So I tried to make it up sticking bits of paper together to get the folds right. 

I love them but I haven't really worked out how to do the string closure. I might try to make a tassel.


The weather was so nice here yesterday we decided to go for a drive. We crossed the state line and a time zone to have lunch at Tumbulgum Tavern. It takes a bit over an hours drive to get there and the setting is so pleasant by the river.
The area is famous for Mt Warning a huge volcanic plug in the centre of a ring of mountains that form the caldera or eroded cone of the volcano. You can see the mountains behind Mt Warning in the photo I took from the car and imagine how big the volcano must have been!

The fields in the foreground are sugar cane farms.







I collect boutique coffee too. This one is at www.zentvelds.com.au




















And lastly, I was reminded of how much I loved the daffodils in England by the beautiful daffodil at Suz Place. I remember being amazed at the wilderness garden at Hampton Court Palace.



Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...