Thursday, April 28, 2011

Christmas through the year and a couple of winter UFO's


I don't have any Christmas gifts finished this month because I felt that if I sewed I should be working on the Christmas quilt I want to give my mum on her birthday. Since I took this photo the other day I have quilted around the four appliques with gold thread and sewed in the ditch and sewed the four blocks together to make the first row. I have also glued on all but three of the 16 appliques and finished stitching 2 more. I am using cotton wadding and sewing the squares together wadding and top with a 1/4" seem that I pressed open. Once all the squares are sewn together there will be 1 1/2 inches of wadding protruding all around ready to sew on the first border.

I pulled out 2 UFO's that I started last winter. One is a fuzzy scarf that needs a fringe on the other end and one is a cable vest. I have only done the back. It is fairly tricky to get started but I need to be in the mood so the front gets finished without too many interruptions cause you have to get into the rhythm. Maybe when I finish the quilt.





Allie of Allie-oops hosts Christmas through the Year so head on over and join in.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...