Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tickled Pink Tuesday and Tuesday Treasures Double Up

I have two little tea pots that I use nearly everyday. They hold two small cups or a large mug and both have removable strainers that make them easy to use. Since they are both made in Japan I have included a couple of other Japanese treasures. The little cat really tickles me.





My daughter visited Japan last year and brought me back some sencha green tea a cute little cup and some utensils. The tea tastes a bit like grass but does improve the longer it steeps. You really only want a small cup of it.



I love the little whisk but I don't have any powdered tea to whisk with it yet. I am not in any great hurry to get some because I have heard it doesn't taste very nice.




This lovely set was also a present from the same daughter. Christmas present 2008. I only use the little cups if I am having the grassy green tea.



I couldn't resist the little cat on this pot and mug. I was in Bowral on a sewing guild tour and we had to walk past the tea shop to get to the fabric shop.  Needless to say I spent my day's budget on the tea set and could only afford a few balls of alpaca wool that day. I used the wool to make the brown scarf I posted about one day. The mug is a perfect size for coffee and is delightful to drink from.


Head on over to Melody's House on the Side of the Hill to link up to other treasure posts.
Allie-oops and Polka Dots and Rick Rack will have what is Tickling them when the calender rolls over to Tuesday in their neck of the woods.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...