Saturday, June 25, 2011

1 Xmas item a month

I have been trying to find something to do with these hankies I bought a while back (years ago). I was playing around with one and had an inspiration to make a triangle pouch. Turning it into a lavender sachet was the next logical step. Everyone can use a lavender sachet in their clothes or hall cupboard or fabric stash. I made two for today and think I will make some more for Christmas through the year. I cut the hankie in half then put bias binding at an angle. I did a narrow french seam on the raw edge side and threaded in the ribbon.









1 Xmas item a month is hosted by Narelle at Pins and Whiskers. Why not see what others are doing and maybe join in with the linky.

Narelle had a link to Stitched Sunday which sounds really good. Learn to stitch from scratch every Sunday starting tomorrow with some pre-lesson info.

Happy Sewing,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...