Sunday, June 19, 2011

Beenleigh Quilt Show

Luckily I managed to remember that the quilt show was this weekend. I was sitting outside sunning myself when it just came to me. I picked up the phone and spoke to mum. She said she had seen it advertised and was going to ask me if I wanted to go but she had forgotten all about it. Between the two of us we manage to get things done :)
Before I rung mum I had checked if it was really on and wound up at Joy's Joypatch blog. She had a picture of her stand and some of the comments were from friends of mine. It never ceases to amaze me how intertwined the blogs are.
Anyway, we had a lovely couple of hours looking at all the quilts and tote bags and I chose some fat quarters and buttons. The buttons were on Joy's stall. They are designed by Nikki from www.handcraftedbuttons.com. Nikki also has a blog: http://nikkitervodesigns.blogspot.com

Here are my fabrics and buttons.


These are plastic ones from America. 2 sets here $5 each.




These ones are Nikki's made from porcelain about $4 each.




They are very detailed and so cute. I would have liked lots of others.

I nearly forgot - we bought three bundles of pre-loved craft magazines for $5.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...