Monday, July 25, 2011

Running Stitch

I love making things that are special to me so a stitch sampler designed by somebody else to show off my work did not appeal to me. I had to think of some way to use running stitch on my kind of project. I have designed my book cover with Tommy on the front attached with running stitch and inside the flaps are decorated with lines of running stitch. I have used the ribbon from some Haigh's chocolates that I bought in Adelaide as the book mark. The fabric is stuck onto fairly stiff hand bag pellon.
My next project has to showcase back stitch. Not sure what I will make yet. If you hadn't already guessed I am following Helen's lessons in stitchery. So far she has covered running stitch, back stitch, stem stitch and lazy daisy stitch. I was never big on stitchery and I have learnt all sorts of things I didn't know before. Stitched Sunday is well worth a look.












Happy Stitching,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...