Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday's Show and Tell

A few months ago one of the ladies on a blog that I follow posted that she found a giraffe tea pot in a second hand shop. I told her that I had seen kettles like that several years ago but not recently. While in Brisbane last week I saw this lovely window display in The Tea Centre shop in Brisbane Arcade. Seems they are back in fashion!


I have been working hard on the Christmas quilt and have finally finished it. All the blocks are quilt as you go. Same with the outer border which I appliqued, stem stitched and then quilted before applying. I used 505 glue to attach the back. It made the final quilting and binding really easy. I used a flannelette sheet and a few pins to hold the quilt up while I sprayed the glue and smoothed on the backing half at a time. I will definitely be be using this method again.

Gluing the back on.
 Sandy from Cookies and Cream Craft hosts Monday's Show and Tell. Pop on over and join in.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...