Sunday, January 1, 2012

Not too early for bunnies?

The beautiful mild morning and the promise of beginnings gave me the urge to make something Spring related. I have made several scissor keeps and thought it wouldn't take much to make a carrot one.
The pattern for this little one is the original. I had to make it a slightly different shape to make it more carroty.
The original pattern
Transformed into a carrot




You can download and print out the pattern below. If you would like some explanation I have done a basic tutorial that you can download from Google docs.


I made the carrot today but over the past week I have practiced my free motion quilting and played with the cake design I got from the Fresh magazine. I made a kitchen counter mat and a wool wadded hot mat. This is the hot mat.





I also finished an owly sewing kit that I started when I was making birdie tree decorations.  The idea for the kit is from a magazine. It has a thimble pouch, a pin wheel, a needle book and a scissor keep.

I did little free motion flowers behind the owl.



The little bird design is from Wee Folk Art
While looking for the link to the little bird pattern I saw this cute pattern for a cat door stop.

I haven't given up on quilts. I plan to buy quilt fabric on my overseas trips. At present I only have small amounts to make small things. I have big plans to make at least two big quilts after July.

Have just found a great giveaway at Just One More Stitch. The Fort Worth Fabric shop is great too.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...