Friday, March 30, 2012

Christmas Through the Year

I can't believe how busy everyone has been leaving comments on my blog. I love it but I am being a bit slow in replying and now I am posting about my second Christmas item and all the lovely ladies in that Christmas club like to visit and leave comments. I will just have to sacrifice some of my sewing time to attend to my blog and do some visiting of other blogs. I think today has to be the day ... after I go out for lunch I will come back and see what everyone else is up to.

I found a very simple purse pattern in my pattern stash and made one up for myself in the pretty vinyl coated fabric I bought in the US then I thought a purse like this would be a good present for the Christmas box. I used a couple of the fat quarters from my new fabric stash. It only uses a strip off the end of each one and I found a button to put on the front. The trickiest bit is getting the zipper tidy. There is a zipper pocket for change and a pocket behind for the folding stuff.
You can still get the tutorial from Sew Christine blog spot
Scroll down the picture list to the blue one with the dragonflies on it.







 You can also join in Christmas through the year any month. See what is happening at Darlene's blog and Cheryl's blog. Darlene has the Mr linky at the end of the month so you can see what everyone is making.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...