Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Needle Keep with magnet


Busy, busy I was, making a secret Santa gift for the Beenleigh Quilters Wednesday group Christmas party. The lovely lady likes flowers and pink and green and I wanted to do something a little more than patchwork so I found some cute garden themed stitcheries and one piece of green fabric with flowers. I had to rack my brains for what else I had in my stash and I thought of the batch of little scraps.

I drew up a plan and thought it might be best to have a simple closure that didn't require any manipulation. I find it a pest doing up bows or using buttons. I decided on a small magnetic clasp and when it was finished I realised that the magnet was perfect for holding a needle while cutting thread.

I had seen on Pinterest all those cute felt flowers with beads on them so I added a bead in the centre of each flower. What I need now is a way to make the little flowers more perfect. I just cut these ones out with scissors but there must be  one of those cutters that has a little flower template.

I was quite happy with how it turned out. I think my stitching is improving a bit :)

The mailman delivered two great parcels the other day. One was some felt I had ordered from the States and the other was from a generous blogger Glenda at Patchwork Dreams . She had some silk left over from a project that I commented on and she sent me a nice piece. It's gorgeous.


I have only just started looking at the Birthday give away blog hop at the Quilters Fun blog.

Visit my give away post and all the others in the hop. There seem to be some great give aways.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...