Friday, January 25, 2013

One Christmas Item a Month



How can it be 25th Jan already! Luckily I have been working diligently on my cross stitch items to make little Christmas presents for the ladies at my quilting group.

I was able to make up a finished piece into a needle book to show off today. It is so useful to have the 1 Xmas Item a Month group again this year. It gives me just the right amount of motivation without feeling I have to submit an item every time. Thanks Narelle.


I have worked out that I can make the inside cover with two pieces of fabric so that I can sew all the way around the outside edge.

With the front cover closed I cut two pieces 1/4 inch wider.
Stitch all around, clip the corners and turn through the gap in the spine.
Stitch the gap by hand.
I stitched close to the cross stitch on the front then did  a square on the back as well, then stitched in the felt pages.

There is a list of Christmas elves participating on the right side bar of Narelle's blog.

Happy Quilting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...