Saturday, March 23, 2013

Craft show goodies

I had a lovely time at the stitches and craft show. I had a list but it wasn't a quilting show so I didn't get everything. I did spend all my money without any trouble though.

I bought some pieces of Japanese fabrics that I thought would be good owl block backgrounds. There were lots of 30cm or 25 cm wof pieces around when it used to only be fat quarters or half metres. I guess the popularity of strips in quilts has brought that on. The red and pale blue fabrics were $10 for a metre piece. I also bought the longer ruler. My 9 1/2 inch one was getting annoying . Rulers are so expensive! This one was reduced from $24 to $17.

I picked up a couple more McKenna Ryan patterns for $12 each. She makes lovely pictures.

I also got a piece of cross stitch linen about half price, some starry night sky I will try out for the North Pole quilt and some cute sticky note page markers. Not cheap but too cute to pass up.

Mum and I went together then we met up with my daughter for lunch at a nice cafe. It was a lovely way to spend a day.

Happy Quilting,

Val

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...