Wednesday, May 22, 2013

North Pole QAL - May update

I have made some progress but not a lot to show for it. I managed to get all but a few bits glued down for another house. This makes 6 blocks with just a bit to do to finish them off. I have put off doing any appliquing sewing until I get my machine serviced so this last block is not sewn on at all. I bought some blue homespun to make the sky blocks. I have 6 blocks in white at the bottom of the quilt and 9 blocks in blue at the top. The first blue blocks will have the barn on them on the horizon. I have reversed the barn ready to trace it onto the applique paper so that will be next. The top two rows of blocks will be for Santa's sleigh and the moon and stars. I have found a Santa and sleigh in another book that I will be using. It just looks a bit easier to applique.
I have seen some great blocks done for May already. Doing a bit each month makes the project much less formidable. I keep telling myself there is plenty of time before Christmas. Maybe in September I will have to pick up the pace a bit. I really want to get it finished this year.


If you have some progress posted please link up that post below.

Just sign up to google+ to comment but...
If you are not ready for Google+ you can comment from my Facebook or Flickr.

Val Spiers on Facebook

Val Spiers on Flickr

Happy Quilting,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...