Saturday, December 14, 2013

Little Christmas bits 13

I saw the most beautiful ribbon angel by Karen at Sunburnt Quilts. It made me think that I should get out my Christmas ribbons and make something. A little stocking to hang on the tree.


I cut out a felt shape, gave it a squirt of spray baster then stuck on each piece of ribbon, trimming it just past the felt. I stitched along both sides of each ribbon then flipped it over and stitched around the edge of the felt shape. I trimmed the ribbons with my pinking shears.
I sewed a second stocking shape to the back leaving the top open and putting in a spoonful of plastic stuffing beads to give it a nice weight.
I then attached the the cuff over the front of the stocking shape to seal it up and catch the hanging ribbon in.

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...