Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Some Sewing

I love to just pop in my sewing room and make something that I saw on the internet or make some new clothes. I haven't done much clothes sewing lately. I did buy that nice shell fabric before I left Brisbane and it is well on the way to being a blouse. I just need to get some interfacing from Spotlight tomorrow so I can finish it this week.


The other day I made a star dresden plate block that I saw on another blog. Phew! Just managed to find the link in my browser history. I was sure I saved it somewhere. You can find the tutorial at Snips Snippets blog .


I thought I would play at making a market bag that I might be able to sell at the Easter markets here this year. I wanted to see how fast I could make it. It is a simple bag that I made with homespun but it took me nearly and hour. I don't think they are a good item to make money on. Maybe if I could make 4 in a hour. Maybe I will try making some pot holders.
Anyway, here is the bag. It still needs a rinse and press to get the embroidery pen out properly. It is meant to fold up so I have to still put on the button loop and button.





I used the tutorial from Yarngeek

Here is a progress picture for our new house. I will be starting a new blog about the house soon but I am just really excited to have nearly got to signing the contract.


Nearly forgot. If you get a chance check out this BOM. The blocks look like old fashioned tiles. We have only missed one month and the Feb block is up now. Well worth a look.

Leave a comment on Pinterest if you are not into Google +

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...