Friday, February 7, 2014

Welcome to the North Pole - 2014


Ho! Ho! Ho!
A whole year since I first got this book. I have made a good start on my version of the quilt but just had to lay it aside while I tried to move house without stressing too much.

There have been lots of people keen to be part of the SAL for 2014 so here we are again. I invite anyone who still has some work to do from last year to stay with us and anyone who wants to pick up a UFO or start new is welcome to join in.

On the 4th Wednesday of each month you will need to do a blog post or upload a photo to flickr. Since linkies are just a fabulous way to share and archive project progress I will set up a linky to show off what you have done on my 4th Wednesday post.

When I first found this book I looked around quite a lot and eventually found one or two quilts that people had made several years ago. I was quite excited to see that number 11 link on the 1st page for a google search was a valspierssews post about this pattern. No wonder more people are finding the SAL. It is such a great pattern it deserves to be found.

This year since my quilt is in storage for 6 months (I only brought Go Wild with me to the rental house) I am going to make the little wall hanging and because it is only small I am going to practice my needle turn applique. The wall hanging is on the back cover. I have started to cut out some freezer paper shapes in readiness. I am off to Spotlight on Tuesday to get some night sky background fabric.



You can read more about the quilt and how much you will need to complete each month to finish it in a year on the original Intro post.

It seems the book is still available from Piece o' Cake for $16.95 USD plus postage. Scroll down the book list until you see it.
It is also still available from UK Book Depository $17.87 AUD with free shipping.

I have made a button with some of my blocks since I don't think I can rightfully use the book cover. You can grab the code and put it on your blog.

North Pole SAL

Happy Quilting and Crafting,
Val

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...