Thursday, April 10, 2014

Nut Butter in the Food Processor

I found a method for peanut butter on Pinterest. The website is here.

I used 2 cups of mixed nuts from Aldi - no peanuts.
I have a Kenwood old processor and used blade.
Peanuts have a lot of oil but the other nuts don't. This meant I had to add the oil after two mixes. I put 2 tbs of rice oil in. I had to mix and scrape down every 30 sec or so.
I added 2 more tbs of oil, 1 tsp of honey and a pinch of salt.
I mixed in 30 sec goes a few more times until I decided it wasn't going to go really smooth and i figured the mixer was hot enough.

It tastes great and is at least half the price of nut butters in the shop.

Here it is in the mixer.


A close up so you can see it is not completely smooth.


It makes a bit over a cup.


Happy Quilting and Cooking,
Val
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...